Spiegel Accountancy Corp. is a growing, professional accounting firm based in Pleasant Hill, CA with a national practice specializing in the mortgage banking and private lending sectors. Our client commitment to being a strategic, innovative and responsive partner distinguishes us from other accounting firms. The combination of being strategic advisors to our clients and providing business development and technical growth opportunities to our staff has enabled our firm to emerge as an industry leader on a national level.
At Spiegel Accountancy Corp., we know that the members of our team are our most valuable asset. We are dedicated to helping expand their personal and professional development. We offer a buddy program, coaching, and provide timely and productive feedback.
Due to our continued growth, we are seeking entrepreneurially minded individuals who have a passion for technical issues to join our tax department. We are looking for someone who can thrive in a fast paced, deadline driven work environment. Ideal applicants will have well-rounded knowledge of accounting and tax principles, progress towards obtaining CPA licensure, and commitment to offering clients the highest level of service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of individual, corporate and partnership income tax returns
- Filing multi-state income tax returns
- Build strong relationships with clients while providing exceptional client service
- Research tax laws, rules and regulations and apply to specific situations
- Collaborate in a team environment and proactively seek guidance and feedback
- Work independently, prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in accounting, taxation, finance or related discipline
- CPA license or progression towards obtaining licensure
- Strong academic credentials (minimum GPA of 3.0)
- Strong leadership, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Possess a passion to learn and to work on new and challenging engagements
- Ability to interact with various levels of client and firm management through both written and verbal communications
- Must demonstrate a thorough understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Prior work experience in tax, accounting or a related field is a plus
- Proficiency in software such as Axcess Tax and QuickBooks is a plus
This position is full-time with mandatory overtime hours during busy season (January 2 through April 15). We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and growth opportunities. Please visit our website at www.spiegel.cpa to learn more.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter detailing their qualifications and interest in this position, along with resume and college transcripts, to firstname.lastname@example.org.